Wednesday 7 December 2011

Be Grateful for our Children

My little boy asked me if it was difficult for me to look after him and his older brother. I gave him my knee-jerk answer in the affirmative. But then I thought about my answer and brought up the subject the next day on the school run. I told him there are times when my patience runs out, when I am tired, when they make a mess, when they don't listen or simply disobey. when they are simply too demanding, when I think of the sacrifices I have made and continue making. All of that is true but there is a yin and yang in everything. For every action in the universe there is a reaction. I could dwell on the negatives which would make me more tired, more stressed. Or I could think of the positives, of the joy, the fun, the proud moments and all the little moments when having children is the most wonderful gift anyone could imagine. There is so much to be grateful for about my boys.

"The Secret" reminds us that if we dwell on the things we don´t want we shall only reap more of what we don´t want. Instead focus on what we are grateful for, really develop a sense of gratitude and we shall see the good rather than bring ourselves down by focussing on the bad.

I recommend you visit my blog post Importance of Keeping a Gratitude Journal at http://the-secret-and-law-of-attraction.blogspot.com/2007/10/importance-of-keeping-gratitude-journal.html< This has helped me so much. In one of Oprah's final programmes she mentioned the Gratitude Journal and what a profound effect it has had on her life. The book starts on 1 January so now is a great time to give yourself and your loved ones this book - the best Christmas present which will last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment