Monday 10 August 2009

We Just Bought a Wii

My sons have just ordered a Nintendo Wii Console (Includes Wii Sports) from Amazon.co.uk for £164.99 (including free delivery) which meant they could pick another game for just £15. They chose Mario Kart with Wii Wheel (Wii) - Wii Remote Not Included. The price is adjusted at the checkout stage.


I treated myself to Wii Fit (Wii) which includes strengthening exercises, Yoga and balance sports like ski slalom. My son needs to strengthen his back muscles so this will also benefit him. I also bought a Wii Fit Balance Board Rechargeable Battery (Wii) for just £4.87, a Logic3 Wii Fit Balance Board Cushion Mat (Wii) and a Remote Charging Stand (Wii)

We are going to install the Wii in their playroom so there is enough space to play the games. This is not just sitting in front of computer games because these games use your muscles by imitating the movement of the sport in question. I have only played bowling up to now but I really felt it the next day. I have a friend who uses his Wii to play tennis so no more excuses about cost, weather, time etc. as a reason not to play in a tennis club. Now he just switches it on and enjoys the exercise.



I think I shall be buying Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Wii) and Wii Sports Resort (Wii) with Wii MotionPlus Accessory for Christmas. The Sports Resort has 12 different categories on game including wakeboarding.



Antonia Harrison lives in Belgium. Read Antonia's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment